Reflections Art Program
PTSA REFLECTIONS ART PROGRAM
ENTER A SUBMISSION IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES!
Dance Choreography Film Production Literature
Music Composition Photography Visual Arts
The National PTA encourages students to pursue artistic expression through participation in its annual Reflections Program, and to receive positive recognition for original works. The program offers students the opportunity to create works of art, music, film, dance, literature for fun and recognition.
HOW ARE THE ENTRIES JUDGED?
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES!
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award:Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.