Connection, Awareness, Responsibility, Empathy
Earl Warren Social- Emotional Activities & Resources
SDUHSD and EWMS are committed to "CAREing" for our kids with social-emotional activities and resources. If your child needs assistance, EWMS has trained staff; including counselor, school support specialist, school psychologist and administrators who are available to support students during the school day. For more information, the SDUHSD has a Student Support & Wellness Page HERE with additional resources.
Here are the ways we CARE for our students and families
- Wellness Weeks - yearly in October and March
- Early Birds - scheduled Late Start Days. Topics have included CAREful Organizing; Healthy Living with CARE; CAREing for our community and much more.
- School Wide Topics
- Second Step classroom lessons on a periodic basis. Second Step is a "program rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) that helps transform schools into supportive, successful learning environments uniquely equipped to help children thrive."
Seahawk CARE cards. Students earn these by demonstrating connections, awareness, responsibility, and empathy. Cards are drawn periodically and students can earn prizes like gift cards and a variety of treats.
SDUHSD Social - Emotional Resources
Parent Education Nights
- Tyler Durman - January 29 at EWMS - During his presentations and in his book Counterintuitive, What 4 Million Teenagers Wish We Knew (for parents and teachers). Tyler has found a way to offer profound wisdom and tools while being intensely funny at the same time.
- Resilience & Your Family - A screening of the documentary film The First Day: A Focus on the Beginning (www.thefirstdayfilm.com) about substance abuse prevention and the power of vulnerability and resilience in our Kids' lives; followed by a powerful Q&A Panel discussion with recovering teens, law enforcement and mental health professionals.
February 25, 2020 6-8 pm at Canyon Crest Academy
March 3, 2020 6-8 pm at La Costa Canyon High School
** Intended Audience: Parents/guardians of all age children and children 8th grade and older.
- Thriving As a Family - A very special evening with Lisa Heffernan and Mary Del Harrington authors of Grown and Flown : How to Support Your Teen, Stay Close as a Family, and Raise Independent Adults.
March 16 6-7 pm Canyon Crest Academy
March 17 6-7 pm San Dieguito Academy
March 17 6-7 pm San Deiguito Academy
** Intended Audience: Adults Only