Health Office

Contact Information:Top of Page

Health Technician: Brooke Barney
Phone: 858.755.1558 x 4414
Fax: 858.755.0891

Immunization Requirements for 7th Grade EntryTop of Page

  • Polio – 4 doses at any age, however, 3 doses are enough if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
  • DTP/TD – 5 doses, however, 4 doses are enough if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday. (3 doses meet the requirement if at least one dose of Tdap, DTap,or DTP vaccine was given on or after the 7th birthday.) 1 or 2 doses of Td vaccine given on or after the 7th birthday counts toward the requirement.
  • Measles/Rubella/Mumps (MMR) – 2 doses both given on or after the 1st birthday.
  • Varicella – 2 doses are needed. (Physician-documented varicella (chickenpox) disease history or immunity meets the varicella requirement.)
  • Provide a copy of your student’s yellow California Immunization Record or other signed medical verification.
  • TDAP (Pertussis) 1 dose of Tdap Booster entering 7th grade received after age 7.
  • Immunization Guide HERE

Medications:Top of Page

An authorization for medication administration must be filled out and signed by both the parent/guardian and the physician in order for the health technician to administer any medications. This includes all over the counter medicine as well as prescription medications. Both the medications and the appropriate forms must be brought to the health office and logged in by a parent with the Health Tech (NOT SENT IN WITH THE STUDENT) before any will be dispensed. (Click here to view and print the authorization form)  Please use the drop-down arrow to choose the appropriate school year.
Please note that if your child wears braces or contact lenses, we do not have “wax” or “saline solution” available so they should be prepared to carry it with them. Parents or guardians are permitted to come to the school and dispense medicine to their children in the health office as needed if the required forms are not on file.

Medical PE:Top of Page

If your child is ill or injured and cannot participate in Physical Education, a signed note from the parent/guardian must be submitted in order to be excused from the class. If the student is going to miss PE for more than 3 days, a Doctors note that states a start and end date is required in order to be excused from PE. Again, a signed note is required. No phone calls will be accepted.