IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
February 4, 2019
- Welcome Letter emailed to all 6th grade students that are currently attending a feeder school and tentatively coming to SDUHSD. Welcome letter contains information regarding the Online Enrollment Process for incoming 7th graders. CLICK HERE
for a copy of the Welcome Letter.
February 14, 2019 - ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTATION DUE to 6th grade teachers. Please return all enrollment documents in the envelope provided to your 6th grade elementary teachers.
SDUHSD has a NO SHOTS, NO SCHOOL policy. Students are required to present their immunization records when enrolling in the district. California law requires additional documentation for students who are from out-of state or out-of-country. Students need these immunizations to start 7th Grade:
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (Tdap)-1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at ages 11 and up)
- Measles-containing vaccine (MMR)-2 doses (Usually given at 12 months of age and 4-6 years of age)
- Varicella-2 doses
This school immunization law affects all students in public and private schools. Students who do not meet these requirements, will not be enrolled in the district. (SDUHSD Board Policy 5141.3)
MARCH 13, 2019 - EWMS PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT. Learn about Course Selection, Elective Courses, school bell schedule, math diagnostic placement tests, academic support services, clubs, sports, and parent portal information.
6:00pm - 7:30pm General Meeting - Multi Purpose Room (MPR) / Gym
5:30pm - 6:00pm Special Ed Meeting - Room 401 (Music Room)
Spanish Translation available
Parent Information Powerpoint available March 14, 2019. CLICK HERE
MARCH 21, 2019 - EWMS COURSE SELECTION FORM DUE to 6th grade teachers.
EWMS 7th Grade Course Selection Form (not available yet) CLICK HERE
March 15, 2019 - March 29, 2019 Intra-district Transfer Application (ONLINE):
Students who will attend SDUHSD middle schools in the 2019-2020 school year have the opportunity to apply online to attend a school other than their school of residence. The Online Application window opens Friday, March 15, 2019 at 8:00 am
. The Online window closes on Friday, March 29,
2019 at 3:00. CLICK HERE
for more information.
Inter-district Transfer Information: CLICK HERE
Elementary school visits: EWMS Principal and Counselor will visit 6th grade classes at Solana Santa Fe, Skyline, Del Mar Hills and Del Mar Heights Elementary schools to meet with students and 6th grade teachers. Envelopes with enrollment information will be given to students at this time. See dates below:
- Monday,February 25, 2019 - Del Mar Hills
- Wednesday,February 27, 2019 - Solana Santa Fe
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - Del Mar Heights
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 - Skyline
March 18, 2019 - April 26, 2019
Elementary School's MDTP (Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project) Assessment Window. Check with your current 6th grade teacher for specific dates for math assessment at your elementary school.
April 26, 2019
Online registration for Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test opens on SDUHSD website at sduhsd.net at 8:00 am. CLICK HERE (closed)
Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test at Earl Warren MS
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:30pm - 5:30pm Room 701
Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:30pm - 5:30pm Room 701
- 7th grade students are not allowed to enroll in Integrated Math B Honors unless they take and pass this additional test. You must reserve online for ONE date to take this test. This is your only opportunity to challenge into Integrated Math B Honors as a 7th grader. We do not accept “tutoring” or retest in August. The online registration window opens April 26, 2019 at 8:00 am. CLICK HERE (closed)
Middle Schools send student math report letters (MDTP results and Readiness placement) to parents.
SDUHSD Communicates the IMRT results to each elementary parent whose student took the test. Students with a passing score are automatically placed into Integrated Math B Honors for 2019-2020.
Deadline for Independent Study PE (ISPE) online application and completed paperwork to be submitted to the district office. (Only applies to students applying for ISPE).
June 13, 2019
Deadline for parents to make math and English placement changes.
June 29 - July 31, 2019
Earl Warren Registrar's Office closed. Office opens on August 1, 2019.
August 15, 2019
Seahawk Readiness Day at EWMS @ 4:00pm, Family BBQ @ 5:30pm.
Includes Student/Parent Orientation
Back-to-School Forms can be turned in at this time.
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Students will pick up class schedules before school in front of The Cove.