IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
February 4, 2020
- Welcome Letter emailed to all 6th grade students that are currently attending a feeder school and tentatively coming to SDUHSD. Welcome letter contains information regarding the Online Enrollment Process for incoming 7th graders.CLICK HERE
for a copy of the Welcome Letter.
February 11, 2020 - Online Enrollment support - EWMS, The Cove, 5-7 p.m.
February 24-27, 2020 - ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTATION DUE to Earl Warren Middle School. Collected at the school.
SDUHSD has a NO SHOTS, NO SCHOOL policy. Students are required to present their immunization records when enrolling in the district. California law requires additional documentation for students who are from out-of state or out-of-country. Students need these immunizations to start 7th Grade:
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (Tdap)-1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at ages 11 and up)
- Measles-containing vaccine (MMR)-2 doses (Usually given at 12 months of age and 4-6 years of age)
- Varicella-2 doses
This school immunization law affects all students in public and private schools. Students who do not meet these requirements, will not be enrolled in the district. (SDUHSD Board Policy 5141.3)
MARCH 10, 2020 - EWMS PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT. Learn about Course Selection, Elective Courses, school bell schedule, math diagnostic placement tests, academic support services, clubs, sports, and parent portal information.
4:30pm - 5:00pm Special Ed Meeting - Room 401 (Music Room)
5:00pm - 6:00pm General Meeting - Multi Purpose Room (MPR) / Gym
Spanish Translation available
Parent Information Powerpoint available March 11, 2020. HERE
MARCH 9 - 16, 2020 - EWMS COURSE SELECTION FORM DUE to 6th grade teachers.
7th Grade Course Selection Form will be handed out at Elementary visits and also available to download. Course selection information will be presented at the Earl Warren Parent Information Night on March 10, 2020.
February 3, 2020 - February 21, 2020- Intra-district Transfer Application (ONLINE):
Students who will attend SDUHSD middle schools in the 2020-21 school year have the opportunity to apply online to attend a school other than their school of residence. The Online Application window opens February 3, 2020, and closes February 20, 2020. CLICK HERE
for more information.
Inter-district Transfer Information: CLICK HERE
Online Applications for Independent Study PE (ISPE). Opens February 3, 2020 8 a.m. and closes April 3, 2020 3 p.m. Completed paperwork to be submitted to the district office. (Only applies to students applying for ISPE). HERE
Elementary school visits: EWMS Principal and Counselor will visit 6th grade classes at Solana Santa Fe, Skyline, Del Mar Hills and Del Mar Heights Elementary schools to meet with students and 6th grade teachers. Envelopes with enrollment information will be given to students at this time. See dates below:
- Wednesday,February 26, 2020 - Solana Santa Fe
- Monday, March 2 - Skyline
- Thursday, March 5 - Del Mar Heights
- Friday, March 6 - Del Mar Hills
March 16, 2020 - April 24, 2020
Elementary School's MDTP (Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project) Assessment Window. Check with your current 6th grade teacher for specific dates for math assessment at your elementary school.
April 27, 2020
Online registration for Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test opens on SDUHSD website at sduhsd.net at 8:00 am. CLICK HERE
Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test at Earl Warren MS
Tuesday May 5th 3:30 -5:30 pm and Thursday May 7th 3:30 -5:30 pm
- 7th grade students are not allowed to enroll in Integrated Math B Honors unless they take and pass this additional test. You must reserve online for ONE date to take this test. This is your only opportunity to challenge into Integrated Math B Honors as a 7th grader. We do not accept “tutoring” or retest in August. Information about online registration and sign up will be coming soon.
May 20-24, 2020
Middle Schools send student math report letters (MDTP results and Readiness placement) to parents.
SDUHSD Communicates the IMRT results to each elementary parent whose student took the test. Students with a 70% passing score are automatically placed into Integrated Math B Honors for 2020-2021
June 12, 2020
Deadline for parents to make math and English placement changes.
June 29 - July 31, 2020
Earl Warren Registrar's Office closed. Office opens on August 3, 2020.
August 13, 2020
Seahawk Readiness Day at EWMS @ 4:00pm, Family BBQ @ 5:30pm.
Includes Student/Parent Orientation
Back-to-School Forms can be turned in at this time.
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Students will pick up class schedules before school in front of The Cove.