Student Attendance is Everyone's Responsibility
Compulsory Education Law:
Requires students ages 6 - 18 years of age to attend school all day, therefore attendance is taken every period. In order for the district to receive funding, a student must attend at least one period.
- Legally Excused Absences (E.C. 48205)
1. Personal illness or injury.
2. Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
3. Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
4. Attendance at funeral services for a member of the immediate family.
5. Jury duty or court ordered appearance.
6. Exclusion for failure to present evidence of immunization.
7. Observation of a holiday or ceremony of his/her religion.
8. Appearance at SARB or SART hearing.
Attendance is Everyone's Responsibility. Here's how:
Parents and Students
- Arrive to school and class on time.
- Notify attendance office of student's absence in a timely manner.
- Plan family vacations during non-school days.
- Try to schedule doctor appointments for your child after school hours.
- Allow your child to stay home only when he/she has a contagious illness or is too sick to be comfortable at school.
- Help prevent child illnesses from spreading at our school by getting your child vaccinated against flu and chicken pox.
- When your child has a doctor's appointment in the middle of the school day, bring him/her to school before the appointment. The district receives full funding if a student attends for part of the day.
Good attendance benefits your child's education. Every day a student misses school, he/she gets more than two days behind his/her peers, because he/she must make up missed learning and catch up with new learning at the same time.
Good attendance raises your child's chance to score well on tests.
Your child learns more about responsibility each day he/she attends school.
- Take attendance every period.
- Notify parents of student absences.
- Follow-up on uncleared absences.
- Work with parents of students with "poor" attendance.
- Put together a team of appropriate staff members to assist student to improve attendance.
Reporting an Absence
To report absences please contact Monica Ramirez by phone or email. Please leave your students name and ID#, the reason that he/she was not or will not be present.
Please note: If your student is out 3 or more days due to illness, a doctor's note is required.
Off Campus Passes
To request an Off Campus Pass please contact Monica by phone, email or send a written note with your student. It is the student's responsibility to pick up the Off Campus Pass. To minimize classroom interruption Off Campus Passes will not be delivered to the class.
Contact: Monica Ramirez
Phone #: 858-755-1558 ext. 4404