Important Information for 2018-2019 Incoming 7th Graders
February 2018 & March 2018
EWMS Tour Dates - Tours start at 1:15pm. You need to RSVP online.
Go to ew.sduhsd.net to RSVP CLICK HERE
Dates: 2/14, 2/21, 2/23, 2/28. 3/2, 3/7, 3/9, 3/14
February - April TBA
Intra-district Transfer Application: Students who will attend SDUHSD middle schools in the 2018-2019 school year have the opportunity to apply online to attend a school other than their school of residence. The Online Application window opens TBA at 8:00 am. The Online window closes on TBA at 3:00 pm.CLICK HERE for more information. (not available yet)
Inter-district Transfer Information: CLICK HERE (not available yet)
February 2018-March 2018
Elementary school visits: EWMS Principal and Counselor will visit 6th grade classes at Solana Santa Fe, Skyline, Del Mar Hills and Del Mar Heights Elementary schools to meet with students and 6th grade teachers. See dates below:
- Friday, March 2, 2018 – Del Mar Hills
- Monday, March 5, 2018 - Skyline
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 - Solana Santa Fe
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 - Del Mar Heights
March 14, 2018
Parent Information Nights
Flyer -English CLICK HERE
Flyer-Spanish CLICK HERE
Meet the EW Staff and learn about Campus Life, Enrollment and Course Selection. Meetings will be held in the MPR building.
March 14 6:00pm-7:30pm General Parent Information Meeting
5:30pm-6:00pm Special Education Information Meeting Room TBA
Spanish translation available
Download all Enrollment Forms (NOT AVAILABLE YET) from EW website at ew.sduhsd.net and select Earl Warren MS Enrollment on counseling web page).
March 21, 2018
Incoming 7th graders. Enrollment Packets due for all incoming 7th graders by Wednesday, March 21, 2018 to 6th grade teachers.
- Please provide copies of required documents. DO NOT submit originals of personal documents.
Student Services/Registrar's Office is open between 7:00 am - 3:00 pm (during school hours) if you have any questions regarding Enrollment Forms.
Please review each item carefully and attach the CHECKLIST to the top.
IMPORTANT: For Residency Verification you will be required to provide a copy of your SDG&E bill or verification letter and one additional document (Cable bill, Water bill, Waste Management bill, Property Tax or Income Tax or Income Tax Documents, Payroll Stub or Social Services documents)
IMMUNIZATIONS . No Shots. No School. CLICK HERE for Immunization Requirements
- Make Sure Immunizations Are Up-to-Date For Your Incoming 7th Grader.
Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization.
- In addition to the vaccines required for elementary school - Students Need These Immunizations to Start 7th Grade: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at ages 11 and up) Measles-containing vaccine (MMR) — 2 doses (Usually given at 12 months of age and 4-6 years of age)
March - April 2018 TBA
Elementary School's MDTP (Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project) Assessment Window. Check with your current 6th grade teacher for specific dates for math assessment at your elementary school.
April 2018 TBA
Online registration for Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test opens on SDUHSD website at sduhsd.net
Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test at Earl Warren MS, 4:00-6:00pm.
- 7th grade students are not allowed to enroll in Integrated Math B Honors unless they take and pass this additional test. You must reserve online for ONE date to take this test. This is your only opportunity to challenge into Integrated Math B Honors as a 7th grader. We do not accept “tutoring” or retest in August. The online registration window opens TBA. CLICK HERE
Middle Schools send student math report letters (MDTP results and Readiness placement) to parents.
SDUHSD Communicates the IMRT results to each elementary parent whose student took the test.
Students with a passing score are automatically placed into Integrated Math B Honors for 2017-18.
June – TBA
Deadline for parents to make math and English placement changes.
August 2018 - Seahawk Readiness Day at EWMS @ 4:00pm, Family BBQ @ 5:30pm. Includes Parent and
Student Orientation, Mandatory Back-to-School Forms Turn-In and Aeries Data Confirmation.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
SCHOOL BEGINS. Students will pick up class schedules before school in front of The Cove.