Important Information for 2017-2018 Incoming 7th Graders
February & March
EWMS Tour Dates - Tours start at 10:30. You need to RSVP online.
Dates: 2/15, 2/22, 2/24, 3/1, 3/8, 3/10, 3/15, 3/17
February 27, 2017 – April 7, 2017
Intra-district Transfer Application: Students who will attend SDUHSD middle schools in the 2017-2018 school year have the opportunity to apply online to attend a school other than their school of residence. The Online Application window opens Monday, February 27, 2017 at 8:00 am. The Online window closes on Friday, April 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm.CLICK HERE for more information.
Inter-district Transfer Information: CLICK HERE
March 6th- March 10th
Elementary school visits: EWMS Principal and Counselor will visit 6th grade classes at Solana Santa Fe, Skyline, Del Mar Hills and Del Mar Heights Elementary schools to meet with students and 6th grade teachers. See dates below:
- Monday, March 6th – Solana Santa Fe
Thursday, March 9th – Del Mar Hills
- Thursday, March 9th – Del Mar Heights
- Friday, March 10th - Skyline
March 15th or 16th
Parent Information Nights
Flyer-Spanish CLICK HERE
Meet the EW Staff and learn about Campus Life, Enrollment and Course Selection. Meetings will be held in the MPR building.
- March 15 6:00pm-7:30pm General Parent Information Meeting (A-K)
- March 16 6:00-7:30pm General Parent Information Meeting (L-Z)
*Spanish translation available 3/16 ONLY
*Special Education Information ONLY on March 16th from 5:30-6:00 pm in Room 29.
Download all Enrollment Forms from EW website at ew.sduhsd.net and select Enroll at EWMS (located at the bottom of the EW main page). Select 2017-2018 Enrollment.
Enrollment Week for incoming 7th graders. Enrollment Packets due for all incoming 7th graders by Friday, March 24 at 3:30pm.
- Please provide copies of required documents. DO NOT bring originals of personal documents.
Student Services/Registrar's Office. Stop by any time between 7:00 am - 3:00 pm (during school hours) or (extended hours) Wednesday, March 22, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm to drop off your completed Enrollment Forms and Documents.
Please review each item carefully and attach the CHECKLIST to the top.
IMPORTANT: For Residency Verification you will be required to provide a copy of your SDG&E bill or verification letter and one additional document (Cable bill, Water bill, Waste Management bill, Property Tax or Income Tax or Income Tax Documents, Payroll Stub or Social Services documents)
IMMUNIZATIONS . No Shots. No School. CLICK HERE for Immunization Requirements
- Make Sure Immunizations Are Up-to-Date For Your Incoming 7th Grader.
Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization.
- In addition to the vaccines required for elementary school - Students Need These Immunizations to Start 7th Grade: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at ages 11 and up) Measles-containing vaccine (MMR) — 2 doses (Usually given at 12 months of age and 4-6 years of age)
March 20, 2017 - April 26, 2017
Elementary School's MDTP (Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project) Assessment Window. Check with your current 6th grade teacher for specific dates for math assessment at your elementary school.
April 26, 2017
Online registration for Integrated Math B Honors Readiness Test opens on SDUHSD website at sduhsd.net
May 8th and 10th
- 7th grade students are not allowed to enroll in Integrated Math B Honors unless they take and pass this additional test. You must reserve online for ONE date to take this test. This is your only opportunity to challenge into Integrated Math B Honors as a 7th grader. We do not accept “tutoring” or retest in August. The online registration window opens April 26, 2017. CLICK HERE
May 4, 2017 - May 5, 2017
Middle Schools send student math report letters (MDTP results and Readiness placement) to parents.
SDUHSD Communicates the IMRT results to each elementary parent whose student took the test.
Students with a passing score are automatically placed into Integrated Math B Honors for 2017-18.
June – TBA
Deadline for parents to make math and English placement changes.
Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 3:00 pm-4:00 pm Open House/New Campus Tours
Seahawk Readiness Day at EWMS @ 4:00pm, Family BBQ @ 5:30pm. Includes Parent and
Student Orientation, Mandatory Back-to-School Forms Turn-In and Aeries Data Confirmation.
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
SCHOOL BEGINS. Students will pick up class schedules before school. Place to be announced.