Parents and Students
- Arrive to school and class on time.
- Notify attendance office of student's absence in a timely manner.
- Plan family vacations during non-school days.
- Try to schedule doctor appointments for your child after school hours.
- Allow your child to stay home only when he/she has a contagious illness or is too sick to be comfortable at school.
- Help prevent child illnesses from spreading at our school by getting your child vaccinated against flu and chicken pox.
- When your child has a doctor's appointment in the middle of the school day, bring him/her to school before the appointment. The district receives full funding if a student attends for part of the day.
Good attendance benefits your child's education. Every day a student misses school, he/she gets more than two days behind his/her peers, because he/she must make up missed learning and catch up with new learning at the same time.
Good attendance raises your child's chance to score well on tests.
Your child learns more about responsibility each day he/she attends school.
- Take attendance every period.
- Notify parents of student absences.
- Follow-up on uncleared absences.
- Work with parents of students with "poor" attendance.
- Put together a team of appropriate staff members to assist student to improve attendance.